Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mustaches make me feel older...

This year, I turned 23! Not exactly a "I'm turning 40!" or "Woohoo! Sweet 16!!" but, with the help of my wonderful friends, we rocked this year's birthday celebration!

I felt a bit like I was celebrating a wedding...the kind that last for 4-7 days with each day filled to the brim with dancing, drinking, eating, and the people you love! It was superb.

On my "real birthday," I put together a Fondu dinner for mom, dad, Cate and I; complete with wine and chocolate truffles! I spent the rest of my evening playing trivia with friends - a Thursday night tradition...and one that I am really no good at, but have such a great time pretending to know useless world facts on sports and entertainment! Good times :-)

I went out for a lovely Thai dinner with two of my dearest friends on Friday. And, Allison and I blew the socks off of a couple random bar-goers with our mad foosball skills at the bars later that night!

I had an actual birthday party (whoop whoop!!) on Saturday, complete with fun and fruity drinks - complements of my bartender extraordinaire friend, Liz. My friend Emily and I had made a huge dirt cake for the festivities which was devoured by the party-goers :-9 Mmm! Things really got crazy when the permanent marker came out and everyone received a "finger-stash" on their pointer finger which then appeared in nearly every picture for the rest of the night... Who knew marker mustaches would become the theme of the party!? ;-) Then, we brought the energy of the party downtown to end the night with dancing, dancing and more dancing!

It was just one of those wonderfully positive, fun-and-friend filled weekends that I'll remember forever. Cheers to turning 23! (And many, many more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment